- Time: 7:00 AM
- Date: Saturday, April 19, 2014
- Place: KOA Campground - Mt. Pleasant, SC
- Distance: 1.2 mi Swim, 56 mi Bike, 13.1 mi Run
- Status: Registration begins TBA
- REGISTER FOR EVENT!!
- Event Site Rules
- Packet Pickup
- Lodging Information
- Policies and Refunds
- Purchase Event Photos
More details will be posted soon on this exciting event in the Mt. Pleasant area.
Note: On-line Registration for this event closes on 04-17-2013 at 7:00 AM. On-site registration MAY be available during normal packet pick up hours. Please review this event site for more details regarding on-site registration. There is a $12.00 fee for each non-USAT registrant. On-site registration is available for this event on 04-19-2013 during normal packet pick up hours. On-site registration is available for this event on 04-20-2013 during normal packet pick up hours.
There is a $12.00 fee for each non-USAT registrant.
Event Site Rules
This event is limited to the first 500 registrations.
The TryCharleston Half is a USA Triathlon sanctioned event.
Cut off Times
All participants must complete the event within 2 hours of the start of the final swim wave. Individual discipline cut off times are seen below and are listed as cumulative times from the start of the final swim wave. Event officials reserve the right to pull any athlete from theCourse Maps if it appears he/ she will not complete the event within the posted cut off times.
- Swim: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Bike: 5 hours 30 minutes
- Run: 8 Hours 00 minutes
The medical form is mandatory and must be filled out and turned in in order to get your event packet. Please download the form and bring it with you to packet pick up.
The minimum age allowed for participating in the TryCharleston Half as an individual is 10 years of age.
The TryCharleston Half will be timed using the ChampionChip Tming System.
(5 splits provided)
Friday April 18, 2014 (2:00 - 7:00 PM)
Trek Bike Store
Oakland Market Road
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
Saturday April 19, 2014 (5:00-6:30 AM)
KOA Campground (Event Site)
3157 North Highway 17
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
Host Hotel (To Be Announced)
On-Site Camping Options
The KOA Campground offers a large selection of camping options including RV hook ups, primitive campsites and on-site cabins.
Policies and Refunds
50% of your entry fee will be refunded until April 1, 2010. No refunds will be issued for any reason after April 1, 2010. Event entries are not transferable between persons, events or years. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund you must complete the refund request form using the link below BEFORE the posted refund deadline.
In the event of inclement the following procedures will be followed:
1. The event will be postponed until 7:30AM in hopes the inclement weather will pass.
2. If inclement weather does not pass at 7:30AM the event will be changed to a duathlon with a 10 km Run, 56 mi Bike, 10 km Run format.
3. If a duathlon is not possible the event will be cancelled and a 50% credit will be issued for all registered participants into the 2011 event. No refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
4. If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather prior to event weekend a 50% credit will be issued for all registered participants into the 2011 event. No refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
To request a refund you must fill out the refund request form here.
Purchase Event Photos
Bird's Eye View is the official event photography company of the Go Tri Sports South Carolina Triathlon Series. Bird's Eye View will be on hand at this event capturing images of your event.
You will receive a customized email with your photos and splits following the event. Or you may go to www.birdseyeview.net to purchase your photos from other Set Up Events.